Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012

Hey all!! It's been a few days since I blogged but I've been SUPER busy. This weekend the children and I visited our town's Fire Station Open House. It was really neat to see THE JAWS OF LIFE in action. The kids were able to get in the fire trucks, ambulance and helicopter. They even had a clown show teaching the importance of having an escape route during emergencies. We also visited a SPOOKY CASTLE at a separate event. The children were able to participate in face painting and crafts. So with that being said, I haven't cooked in a few days. I was itching to get in the kitchen today; so, I prepared GROUND TURKEY MEATLOAF, MAC N CHEESE AND CABBAGE (this was cooked by my honey bun). The art of making a good turkey meatloaf is to make sure it's flavorful and moist. I typically add assorted spices and DICED ONIONS, DICED PEPPERS AND FRESH PARSLEY (my TRINITY). For moisture, I add WORCHESTERSHIRE SAUCE and cook at 400° for the first 20 minutes then I drop the temp to 350°...this sears/seels the meat to trap in juices. Once the cooking ends, let the meat rest for about 15 minutes before cutting. It was also nice to have my sweety cooking with me...ladies for added intimacy, let your men assist you in the kitchen by slicing veg or actually preparing a dish.



No comments:

Post a Comment