Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Today, I have been battling a serious sinus headache. I put out chicken drumsticks to thaw with the hopes of making fried chicken; however, that decision was immediatedly vetoed (..spelling ugh) in my mind. So, I decided to bake the chicken with mac n cheese with green beans.

Once, 6 pm came and another child was added to my large tribe (the neighbor's child) mac n cheese and green beans turned into fried rice which gave me an excuse to use my new wok given to me by a friend. 

So, the fam ate baked chicken and rice (I know, where's the veg...hey, I was sick). For the rare occassions that I do not make a veg with our meal, I keep salad greens for side salads (great tip..I think). The older kids had mango popsicles for dessert and the 2 lil ones had applesauce (no sugar added).


No comments:

Post a Comment