Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 21, 2012

Today I made cinnamon, honey pancakes with bacon for my children. Here's a great tip for pancakes...cook the pancakes in the bacon grease and rinse plus wipe the skillet/griddle out between pancakes for the best looking pancakes. We also spent the day reading to each other while I slow cooked country-style ribs, cut fresh green beans and peeled sweet potatoes. I also used that time to complete my final recipe for the ribs. I also tried a different technique for cooking the green beans. I hate to admit it but my family prefers the texture of canned green beans vs fresh; so, I sauteed half an onion diced in olive oil with about 3 cups of the cut green beans. I sauteed them for about 10 minutes or until the green beans started to turn a bright emerald color. Once the color changed I added bouillon (typically beef bouillon but today chicken which gave a lighter taste) and spices; then, I added about 5 cups of water and cooked on medium heat for about one hour. The texture was spot on to the canned version and the kiddos loved it. We finished our day by watching THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK and this time I cried as always.


No comments:

Post a Comment