Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Miscellaneous

A few small changes occured or were inspired during my prep for the holiday.
  First, my honey purchased me a new, red, non-stick, aluminum pan that I adore soooooo much. I cooked with it several times and the experience was goosebump enducing. I actually got jealous when my honey asked to use it. I think I will call my pan ALBERT, because he is divine.
  Next, my trip to the farmers' market was very productive. I bought some new honey collected a few miles from my home. I was able to taste the product before purchasing and the experience was nearly orgasmic (tee hee...). This honey was light tasting which was a contrast to its dark coloring; but, the mix of berries and flowers intertwined with honey was mind-blowing.  It made my sweet potatos and rolls amazing. We also purchased some fresh strawberries for the house. Peaches are no longer in season, so I had to settle with frozen.
  My two desserts ended up with some additions not previously thought of until the day of conception. As mentioned in my previous post, I added a topping of candied pecans to my sweet potato pie. I used butter, brown sugar, and ALBERT to make the candy so it would be easy to cut through unlike making the candy with corn syrup. I also got the inspiration to put strawberries in with the peaches to make a STRAWBERRY-PEACH COBBLER. The final result got mixed reviews because the filling was not extremely sweet; however, I prefer my fruit pies/cobblers on the tart side just like my daddy used to make.
  Overall, the newly added changes were accepted and great.




No comments:

Post a Comment