Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 5, 2012 - November 10, 2012

For the past few days, I have been organizing on prep for the upcoming holiday. Also, due to the fall season (my fav cooking season) I cooked beef soup on Wednesday and chili last night. I love making soups because they are easy to prep. Beef soup consists of browned beef, tomato base with veg and stewed tomatoes. I also pair with it either sweet cornbread (like my mom) or cheesy bread. Chili is more time-consuming. I typically soak the beans over night (being careful to remove any rocks or bad beans). In the morning, I drain the water off and add spices, chopped onions and peppers plus fresh water to continue soaking the beans until the hulls (outer covering) of the beans start to open. The starch from the beans thicken the water while cooking plus I add tomato sauce for additional flavoring...but be careful with seasoning by constantly tasting, or your chili can quickly turn to spaghetti sauce with beans. **RANDOM THOUGHT** After the election ended, pretty much ALL the "water cooler" conversation centered around not the President but the legalization of marijuana in Colorado. My question is, will eventually people be able to purchase weed at the local grocers??? Just imagine going through the produce section and there is a bin full of spinach and next to it a bin of BUD..."food" for "thought".


No comments:

Post a Comment