Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Turkey Enchiladas

It's pretty much a universal notion, that when the breast meat is gone from a turkey, the other (dark) meat is reserved for TURKEY STEW, TURKEY GUMBO, TURKEY SALAD, etc. I tend to make TURKEY HASH myself (just like daddy used to make); this dish consists of turkey meat, smothered potatoes and peas served with cornbread. However, this year I was inspired by a Facebook friend/former coworker to prepare TURKEY ENCHILADAS served with my famous SPANISH RICE and SPANISH CORN WITH BLACK BEANS. On the day of prepartion, I had about 2 cups of turkey meat left, half an onion, half a bell pepper and a few sliced mushrooms. I paired those sauteed items  with shredded cheese rolled in corn tortillas topped with a sour cream sauce and it was ¡Muy delicioso! It fed my  family of six for 2 nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment