Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Baking

Usually around Christmas, I do a lot of baking of sweets and breads. This season has been COOKIE-MANIA in my kitchen. I started by creating a chewy CHOCOLATE, BUTTERSCOTCH CHIP COOKIE that my family loved. Next, I wanted to recreate one of my childhood favorites...ARCHWAY LEMON FROSTED SOFT COOKIES. I used a copycat recipe I found online but after adding more lemon, the cookies turned out perfect. Then I had the grand idea to make COOKIE BASKETS for friends and family (...and teachers) as gifts. The baskets included my CHOCO-SCOTCH COOKIES, LEMON COOKIES, OATMEAL-CRAISIN-WHITE CHOCO CHIP COOKIES AND SUGAR COOKIES WITH SPRINKLES. After using my 9 year old's mathematical gifts, we calculated approximately 400 cookies total. The weekend scheduled (two Saturdays before Christmas) for cookie baking was a disaster because 4 out of the 6 inhabitants of my household contracted THE FLU. Thank goodness, my oldest and I were the 33% that remained healthy (moms NEVER get sick...maybe because we wash our hands properly??). It was difficult, but I created a fine product in my quarantined kitchen. I even made a beautiful COOKIE TRAY for my hunny's job.

No comments:

Post a Comment